Underscoring the need for facilitating growth of new IT/ITES industries in the State, the Government in Department of Information Technology has formulated an industry friendly ICT Policy - 2004 to provide incentives for the growth and development of IT/ITES industries. The Cell will function as the single window for obtaining various clearances for the entrepreneurs in the IT sector and to ensure hassles free delivery of incentives and services receivable by the investor / promoter from various State and Central Government departments and agencies in the State.
For existing units :
- Creation of a comprehensive database of the existing IT & ITES units in the State.
- Ensuring delivery of incentives and services to and settlement of claims of the IT/ITES industry as per entitlements envisaged in the ICT Policy-2004 and IPR-2001.
- Facilitating fulfilments of the genuine entitlements by co-ordination with the other Govt. Agencies, Departments involved in extending the benefits.
For new units :
- Provide Single window clearance facility to the IT/ITES industry in accordance with the Odisha industries (Facilitation) Act 2004 and the Odisha Industries (Facilitation) Rules 2005.
- Creation of customized "Common Application Form" for IT/ITES industry as a part of the Single Window Clearance and Facilitation Process.
- Creation of a simple document indicating the important ad essential steps, a prospective investor needs to take for promoting an IT/ITES unit in the State.
- Interact with Central Govt. Agencies like Income Tax, Customs & Excise, Employees Provident Fund, Employees State Insurance and State Govt. Departments and agencies like Labour & Employment Deptt., Industries Deptt., Energy Deptt., Municipal Corporation, Police, IDCO, IPICOL to bring out necessary notification/ rules for hassles free delivery of incentives promised in the ICT Policy.
- Monitoring progress of IT/ITES industry in different stages of implementation.
- Hold meeting with representatives of IT/ITES units at regular intervals to understand their difficulties and put in efforts to mitigate those within the framework of the ICT policy & IPR.
- Publicize best practices and success stories to encourage SME units.
- Hold seminars and workshops for SME units in areas of common interest relating to Govt. policies, technology, best industry practices and market development & strategy formulation etc.