Electronics and Information Technology Department with the support of Designated Technical Directorate, Odisha Computer Application Centre (OCAC) and State e-Mission Team formed under the National e-Governance plan as a capacity building scheme having relevant expertise and experience to provide technical and professional support for the following activities for strengthening the capacity of line departments for effective implementation of e-Governances;
- Providing technical assistance to State Line Departments
- Facilitating implementation of NeGP MMP/Core Projects and State Flagship projects by various line departments of State Governments
- Serving as a secretariat to the Apex Committee chaired by Chief Secretary
- Undertaking technical appraisal of all projects to examine issues such as overall technology architecture, framework, standards, security policy, service delivery mechanism, sharing of common infrastructure etc.
- Human Resource Development, Training and Awareness Building regarding various guidelines, policies and technical aspects of ICT implementation and e-Governance initiatives.
- Framing core policies, technical assistance, R&D, awareness and assessment and creation of structures for implementation of the projects.
- Acting for an effective implementation of Capacity Building for projects by forming project management units for various projects initiated by the line departments.
- Build up ICT infrastructure and coordinating all the departments for their execution and effective utilisation