For creation of the right governance through the use of ICT and institutional mechanism following projects have been implemented in the State:
NeGP - Core Projects
Odisha State Wide Area Network
- State Head Quarter ( SHQ), 30 District HQs, 284 Block HQs and 60 Horizontal offices are connected.
- OSWAN is serving as the backbone network for data, video and voice communications throughout the State. National Knowledge Network (NKN) integration with OSWAN completed
- State of Art Real Presence (RPX) video conferencing facility connecting all Collectors
Video Conferencing under OSWAN
- 39 VC Studios have been established.
- 1 at each District HQs.
- 9 nos. of VC Studios in State HQ at the following locations.
- Conference Hall of Chief Minister.
- Conference Hall of Chief Secretary
- 2nd Floor Conference Hall in Secretariat.
- W & CD Dept. in Secretariat.
- Home Dept. in Secretariat.
- WR Dept. in Rajiv Bhawan.
- Revenue & DM Dept.
- Health & FW Dept.
- More than 350 VCs conducted by different Depts.
Odisha State Data Centre (OSDC)
- Running live since October 2011
- Provides shared, secured and managed infrastructure for consolidating and securely hosting State level data and applications. ISO 27001 & 9000 security certification obtained.
- Notified as Critical IT Infrastructure as per IT Act
- 18 Applications like e-District, e-Registration, iOTMS, e-Municipality, CCTNS, WAMIS, OPSC etc of 15 Departments are on board
- NKN Connectivity completed &Rack Space Utilisation more than 90%. Cloud enablement under process.
- Expansion to accommodate more Applications.
Common Service Centre (CSC)
- Front end delivery points for delivery of Govt., private and social sector services to rural citizens in an integrated manner.
- 5580 CSCs have been setup till Feb 2014 against 8558. CSCs having connectivity 3300
- Electricity bill, Railway ticket, on line Application for college admission, Micro insurance etc are some of the services being offered at CSCs.
- More G2C services will be available after complete e-District Roll out
State Service Delivery Gateway (SSDG)
- Messaging services in form of SSDG (State e- Governance Services Delivery Gateway) to provide seamless interoperability and exchange of data across multiple government departments.
- Ms TCS selected as IA to start implementation soon
NeGP - Mission Mode Projects
- Odisha was identified as one of the 16 pilot States
- Ganjam & Mayurbhanj were taken as the pilot districts
- Implementation of the project started in January-2010
- eDistrict Application has gone live successfully on 5th September 2011 in Ganjam and on 18th December 2011 in Mayurbhanj. More than 6 lakhs certificates already issued in these two districts electronically.
- Manual issuance of certificates in these pilot Districts has been stopped since June-2012
- Based on successful implementation of pilot project, Government of India has approved the DPR for State Wide Rollout of eDistrict Project and implementation of six services Roll out started.
- M/s. Wipro Ltd. has been appointed by DeitY, GoI as the consultant under State Project Management Unit (SPMU).
- Out of Total 317 Tahasils of the State roll out has started in 291 Tahasils
- All RIs of the state will be given Laptops Printers & scanners for end to end automation of the system.
Commercial Tax Department, Odisha has been undertaking various measures to facilitate trade & business in the State, improve regulatory oversight, deter tax evasion and encourage voluntary compliance. Various e-services launched by the department have become popular among the dealers and tax practitioners. The nature of interaction between the department and the dealers has undergone transformation due to the e-services.
Finance department, Odisha has been undertaken various measures to facilitate Citizens, DDO’s, Banks, Accounts General and RBI with various e-Services i.e e-Payments, budget preparation and disbursement, print challan, pension preparation and payments etc through integrated Financial Management System (iFMS).
e-Municipality Services have been implemented in 103 ULBs in the state of Odisha. The 103 urban local bodies (ULBs) in Odisha, categorized as Municipal corporations (3), Municipalities (34) and Notified Area Councils (66). They are constituted by State Government. e-Municipality provide various citizen centric e-Services that is Birth and Death Certificate, Trade licence, Property and Holding Tax, Water Connection Charges, Building Plan, Grievances, Certificate Verification.
Land Records (NLRMP)
The National Land Records Modernization Programme (NLRMP) has been formulated by merging two Centrally Sponsored Schemes i.e. Computerization of Land Records (CLR) and Strengthening of Revenue Administration & Updating of Land Records (SRA & ULR) during the year, 2008-09 .This programme has been implemented by the State Government from the year 2009-10. Presently all the districts have been covered under this programme. The first instalment of central share for each component of NLRMP for all the districts baring Nayagarh and Jajpur have been received by the State Government. The progress of different components of NLRMP has been outlined below:
Data entry/ Re-entry , Data-updation and Validation. To provide quick service to the citizens in complia nce to the spirit of the Odisha Right to Public Services Act, 2012, the Revenue & D.M. Department is in process to make the process of mutation in Tahasil offices web-based.
Survey/Re-survey of settlement records using Modern Technology.
Digitization Of Cadastral Maps: State Government have undertaken the task of digitization of cadastral map sheets of the entire State. Steps are now being taken at NIC level to integrate those digitized maps with the textual RoR data in the Bhulekh website.
Creation of Modern Record Room
In the first phase Government have undertaken to create modern Record Rooms in 33 nos. of Tahasils of the State, all of which have been made operational. Recently, steps have been taken to modernize additional 150 Tahasil Record Rooms in 23 districts of the State.
Inter-connectivity among Revenue offices
Presently 281 no. of tahasils have been provided with VPNoBB connectivity. In those tahasils, updations of RoR dtata in Bhulekh website are being done by the use of VPN. Government in IT Department and the BSNL authorities are being regularly followed up for providing Odisha State Wide Area Network (OSWAN) at the earliest in all the revenue offices of the State.
Tsahalis, Sub-Division, District Data Centres:
District level data centers have been created in all the District Head-Quarters.. Funds have been placed under the State scheme, “Strengthening of IT Infrastructure in Revenue offices” with all the Collectors for strengthening the IT infrastructures at Sub Divisional level. Tahasil level computer cells are functional in all Tahasils of the State.
State Date Centre -State Data Centre under NLRMP located at NIC, State Head Quarters at Bhubaneswar.
State Flagships Project
- Project in successful operations on PPP mode across 185 Registration Offices, for more than 3 Years (Implemented on 4th Jan 2010).
- More than 17 Lacs documents registered & more than 3 Lacs Encumbrance Certificates and Certified Copies processed through the new and improved system.
- Legacy Records for the last 14 Years digitized & is being verified by Registration staff for enabling online issuance of EC and CC through Odisha Online
- An application for online issue of Incumbency Certificate(EC) &Certified Copy(CC) has been developed. Will be implemented once RDM dept signs the agreement with OeSL
- Online data entry of deed through Odisha Online under development.
Odisha Secretariat Workflow Automation System (OSWAS )
- To make Odisha Secretariat a paperless/less paper office with electronic file movement
- M/s TCS has been engaged as the implementing agency for the project.
- Provision of Computer hardware, software and LAN connectivity has been made for all Government Departments & CS’s office & CM’s Office.
- OSWAS Core application has been rolled out in 35 Departments.
Student Access Management System (SAMs)
- An innovative initiation for e-Admission & e-Administration to provide Citizen Centric, Transparent, Time saving & Economical platform of admission of students as well as for college administration
- Successfully running for last 4 years for admission & academic administration in all 2000+ Junior & Degree Colleges
- Won the National Award on e-Governance during the last National e-Governance Conference at Jaipur, Rajsthan during February-2013 & CSI- Nihilent Award-2013.
Integrated Mines and Mineral Management System
- For automation of mines and minerals transportation on a pilot basis
- Online issue of transit permit and transit pass, checking each transaction of transportation of mineral from mines, connecting all the checkpoints through a dedicated connectivity, cross checking all the minerals transported at Government weighbridge, check gate and railway sliding.
- Objective of the project is to bring transparency and efficiency in the administration by using ICT tools
- Citizen Grievance Redressal System through a single toll free numbers (18003456770/155335)
- Automation of issue & dispatch of letter across the Govt. departments & offices
- Implemented in more than 38 Departments and Subordinate offices of 10 Departments.
- Won Nascom innovation Award-2010